Friday, 17 August 2007

2 of the cross compiling issues...

... I found when trying to cross compile rrdtool already have a fix.
  • freetype's bug was fixed by somebody in gentoo and they sent the patch upstream; I tested the patch and it works
  • for the libart_lgpl bug I made a couple of (really non-instrusive) patches (one for the bootstrapped version and one for upstream source) and I sent them to both gnome and gentoo; as a bonus, libart_lgpl's art_config.h is now defined based on stdint. The definitions for ART_SIZEOF_* were removed since a grep on the source revealed that they are not used (confirmed by the fact that the source compiled).
I have these patches myself and they work. There shouldn't be any reason for the native build to fail.

The rrdtool issues [1] were not reported since:
  1. I am not sure if is really a bug (IEEE math test bug) and
  2. I don't have a clean fix (link-with-build's-library issue).

[1] look for 'xmerging rrdtool, the bugs don't stop'

No comments: