Currently the TODO is outdated, so here is an updated one (I'll update it and push it there, too):
- fix the alignment issues of the edit page for MSIE
- port the changes done in __init__.py into debian.py
- clean up the screen.css and add comments for the hacks made for MSIE
- decide if the CSS3 border-radius is worth the trouble and, if it makes sense, replace with a portable implementation like is done for http://www.debian-ports.org/
- retest on Opera, MSIE 6.0, iceweasel/Firefox and konqueror (iceweasel is the reference)
- test on other browsers (maybe MSIE 7.0)
In MSIE (by far the most annoying browser and creates the most issues):
In Epiphany (the window was smaller, the content isn't bigger):
If you want to contribute, you can:
darcs get http://users.alioth.debian.org/~eddyp-guest/darcs/wiki.debian.org_theme
read the README to understand what matters, and tackle one of the items on the TODO list above.
I found it pitiful that Zack has based his PTS rework based on the wiki.d.o default theme since that theme is, in my opinion the one that should be corrected (at least the colors should be).
I am not an expert in aesthetics and i don't claim that the www.d.o theme is beautiful, but it seems that the recurrent discussion of it being replaced with something better never found a person to make it true. This is one of the reasons I stopped last year since it seemed the dream would come true at that time.