Thursday 29 November 2007

Have you ever drove your dreams?

Thomas writes about a dream of his and how his dream self failed to do the right thing.

I have been able several times, while asleep, to be aware enough to realize I was dreaming and was asleep and started to drive my dream the way I wanted.

I made myself fly superman like and fly a plane, I managed to come in second place after Ayrton Senna (this was while he was alive and I respected him too much to take his victory) I managed to do a lot of things. At some point I even managed to turn right a recursive nightmare I had and got rid of it that way.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do this in the last 3 or 4 years, but I know I had to set a goal before going to sleep in order to achieve it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe this is refered to as a lucid dream (at least in English).

Roshan George said...

Indeed it is, and I have had such dreams before. Sometimes I've even been able to "rewind" parts of my dreams until I do the right thing on playback. However, later this feels like cheating.