They replaced the battery, and although it looked like the built-in charge indicator was defect, actually the button on this battery is buried deeper than it was on the previous one and I have to press really hard on it to trigger it.
According to the tests made yesterday night, this battery holds for about 2.5-3 hours when playing music. Also it has 96% of its designed capacity. I guess is OK enough since I don't want to be spared from my laptop anymore.
Next on the agenda:
- restore data sanity (I did clean up most of the data from the HDD before handing down the laptop for the case when I was forced to hand it over; lucky for me, I managed to keep the HDD)
- install armel Debian on my new NSLU2, Kinder (more news on that later ;-) )
- fix my local network chaos triggered by the problems that hit Ritter (my older NSLU2)
- finish the wiki theme
- work a little more on svn-buildpackage and kill more of its bugs
- walk through my (game) packages' bugs and try to fix them, answer, etc.
- try to make bluetooth transfers to work from and to my laptop
 I bought a new NSLU2 after I left my laptop in service and it has been waiting since then to run the Debian Arm EABI (armel) port